Harley Davidson starters
Harley Davidson starter is a reliable, modern vehicle that stands out not only for its stylish appearance but also for a good fit, comfortable handling, and, of course, excellent driving parameters.
In the design of motorcycles, the Harley starter is one of the essential components, without which traffic is almost impossible.
An important detail
In Harley Davidson starter performs the primary function - to start the engine at battery power expense.
The best starter Harley organically complements the vehicle's central units: a powerful engine and a modernized generator. Each structural unit has high reliability, failure-free operation.
But any part has a service life (safety margin) established by the manufacturer. Therefore, at some point for reliable operation of the ignition system may require Harley Davidson starter replacement.
Quality spare parts
You can profitably purchase a Harley starter bike, high-quality, original, with a full set of accompanying documentation in our online store.
Also on sale are all major Harley Davidson starter parts, by which the experienced rider can easily cope with the task of site maintenance.
Choose suitable spare parts in the catalog, order a starter Harley Davidson bike and buy goods on favorable terms.
We provide a guarantee, provide competitive prices, provide the vehicle with everything necessary for safe operation and high-quality repairs.
Harley starter diagnostic tips:
1. Check battery voltage: the full static charge is 12.7 watts or more.
2. Check for zero resistance in the battery cables.
3. Make sure that all wires and cables are tightened.
4. If the starter doesn’t crank, listen for the starter relay clicking when the "start button" is pressed. You should hear the starter relay click every time you press the "start button".
5. If the starter does not crank, place a jumper across the starter solenoid terminal and touch the other end of the wire to the positive battery terminal. This will apply 12 watts of current to the solenoid and make the engine crank. If the starter does not crank, it is probably defective and needs to be replaced. If the starter does crank, the problem may be in the starter button, operation switch, starter relay, or other primary ignition circuit components.
If your Harley Starter needs to be replaced, use our online form to pick up a replacement part.
Causes of starter damage
The main causes of starter failure are:
Oxidation of the contacts;
Faulty starter control circuits. Includes: the faulty ignition switch, faulty starter relay, electrical wiring failure;
Malfunction of the starter brush assembly;
Breakdown of the starter windings and armature.
For some simple solutions, for example, oxidation of the contacts is enough to clean the terminal contacts suitable for the relay and the battery. Others require replacement of parts such as relay, brush node, armature.
Further comfort during journeys is better to provide quality parts in advance. In our store, you can buy both separate parts and a complete set of Harley starters.
How to replace Harley starter?
Let's look at the basic steps to reinstall a Harley starter:
Remove the seat;
Remove the battery compartment cover;
Remove the battery cables and battery;
Drain the oil;
Remove chain plate and case cover;
Remove the fuse;
Unscrew the starter bolts on the right side of the bike;
Remove the starter;
Install new starter;
Tighten the mounting bolts;
Apply dielectric grease to the battery cables on the solenoid to protect against corrosion.
Each model has its own specifics, but the principle for removing the old starter and installing the new Harley starter is the same for Harley motorcycles.